- Published on Monday, 29 November 1999 19:00
Modification of the Agreement
Eligibility, Registration, Access, and Termination
CatalyzeCare is limited to non-commercial educational and research activities. Posting of spam messages or other commercial advertisements is a violation of these terms and may result in termination of your account.
Certain portions of CatalyzeCare are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to participate in online services by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to CatalyzeCare in these areas will be complete and accurate, and that you will neither register under the name of nor attempt to enter CatalyzeCare under the name of another person or entity.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. CatalyzeCare does not authorize use of your User ID by third-parties.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We respect your privacy. We will never sell your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to third parties, or make that information publicly available without your permission.
We are a research project, so we do track your activities on this site. We combine your usage metrics with others to create an aggregate picture of how the site is being used, and we report that usage publicly on our site and send similar periodic reports to our program sponsors. However, such usage reports never contain detailed information about your activities as an individual without your prior consent.
From time to time, we work with other researchers who seek to study social interactions on the site. We may share your activities with these people, but they are bound by a Memorandum of Understanding to follow our policies and respect your privacy in the same way that we do. We may contact you on their behalf and ask you to participate in their study, but your participation is voluntary, and your information will not be publicly released without your prior consent.
We reserve the right to contact you to request additional information or to keep you updated on changes to CatalyzeCare. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential communications by updating the settings in your account profile.
All information posted or stored on CatalyzeCare is potentially available to all other users of CatalyzeCare. Purdue University and the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering disclaim any responsibility or capability for the preservation of confidentiality of such information. Do not post or store information on CatalyzeCare if you expect to or are obligated to protect the confidentiality of that information.
All users must recognize that system resources on CatalyzeCare are limited. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. By using CatalyzeCare, you agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You may request an increase in system quotas, and you may use points to pay for premium services, but you may not circumvent the policies put in place to manage resources.
Creating multiple accounts or otherwise gaming the system in order to earn extra points, to increase your disk quota, or to gain an unfair share of other system resources is strictly prohibited and may lead to termination of your account.
By using CatalyzeCare, you agree that:
- You will not use CatalyzeCare to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct what would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You will not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- You will not use CatalyzeCare to impersonate other parties or entities;
- You will not use CatalyzeCare to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of CatalyzeCare.org or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses CatalyzeCare.org;
- You will not post any material on CatalyzeCare that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another;
- You will not redistribute resource materials posted on CatalyzeCare or create derivative works unless it is allowed by the license terms posted for a resource;
- You will not alter, damage, or delete any content posted on CatalyzeCare;
- You will not claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- You will not post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- You will not use email addresses obtained or accessed through CatalyzeCare to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients;
CATALYZECARE AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering and Purdue University do not warrant, and hereby disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any good, service, or information obtained from CatalyzeCare. Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering and Purdue University do not warrant that CatalyzeCare will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that CatalyzeCare is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of CatalyzeCare is at your own risk.
You agree that the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering and its administrator, Purdue University, shall have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to your use of CatalyzeCare or any resource that you access through CatalyzeCare.
CatalyzeCare hosts content from a number of authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering or their sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering or their sponsors.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the state courts located in and serving Tippecanoe County, Indiana as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.